struts-user mailing list archives

From Rajiv Kadayam <rkada...@mercator.com>
Subject RE: Servlet Mapping *.do problem
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:55:16 GMT

rajiv

-----Original Message-----
From: struts-user-return-43014-WAiken=email.usps.gov@jakarta.apache.org
at INTERNET
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 9:55 AM
To: Aiken, Weston - Raleigh, NC; struts-user@jakarta.apache.org at
INTERNET
Subject: RE: Servlet Mapping *.do problem

>>Some suggest turning this off b/c for security reasons you might not
want
>>users to be able to access any old servlet through this mapping.  My
>>thinking is, you want them to access them through the manner that you
set
up
>>in your struts framework and not arbitrarily.

I am aware of the security problem, but i just turned it on for
debugging
purposes.

>>It sounds like you've got the servlet deployed but that there might be
>>problem with the deployment descriptor which should be handling your
>>mapping.

>>What URL are you trying for the example?

Yes the ActionServlet is deployed coz i can see some debug info, the
web.xml
is out of the box from struts example war file. I am just trying to
login
from login page (http://localhost/logon.jsp), although I don't know the
login/password I was hoping to get at least a sensible error page but
all i
got was a page not found and the url was http://localhost/logon.do I am
attaching my web.xml and ibm's xmi files.

I don't get any parser exceptions, it looks like struts-config gets read
fine, during start-up. But the mapping does'nt seem to work.

> After some further testing, i found that I can access some servlets by
name
> as long as they are mapped to "/servlet/...." but since the action
servlets
> are mapped as "*.do", it does'nt seem to like it.

thanks
rajiv

For additional commands, e-mail:

File item 2 original document name: web.xml
File item 2 document type: PCDATA
File item 2 size (bytes): 1909
File item 3 original document name: ibm-web-ext.xmi
File item 3 document type: PCDATA
File item 3 size (bytes): 253
File item 4 original document name: ibm-web-bnd.xmi
File item 4 document type: PCDATA
File item 4 size (bytes): 251