struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Smith" <KevinA.Sm...@sas.com>
Subject RE: struts-config windows 2 unix?
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:27:12 GMT
DOS (aka Windows) and Unix use different line-termination sequences. In Microsoft land, lines
are terminated with a CR/LF pair. In Unix land, lines are terminated with LF. When you view
a Windows created file on Unix, the extra CR displays as a control character.

--Kevin

P.S. CR == carriage return, LF == line feed

-----Original Message-----
From: slickdev [mailto:slickdev@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 12:56 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: struts-config windows 2 unix?

Is it common to find xml validation errors, when editing struts-config.xml on window$, then
trying to deploy the app on unix?
With vi, I notice the extra control char's in the file.  On unix, the database source mapping
appears to work, but my app can't find its action classes in the WEB-INF/classes dir.  Returns
error 500: no action instance for <myclassname>.