struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: Commons FileUpload (was: [Off Topic] com.oreilly.servlet uplo ad and WebSphere web serv er)
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 05:11:29 GMT

The interface used by Struts applications for file upload has not changed,
so no changes need be made to your existing web apps. If, for some reason,
you need to use the older implementation, instead of the new one based on
Commons FileUpload, you can do so by configuring it explicitly in your
struts-config.xml file.

> Since this is just an implementation change, I would assume
> that I should
> not need to change any existing code using the Strut Upload
> package, or am I
> mistaken?

No, you are not mistaken. You do not need to change any existing code. If
you have a need to use the original implementation for some reason, that is
only a configuration change.

Daniel, since you submitted the only remaining bug against Struts 1.1-b1
file upload (Bugzilla #10388), I would really appreciate it if you could
check out the new implementation and verify that it solves the problem you
were seeing. That will bring us one step closer to releasing Struts 1.1-b2.

--
Martin Cooper