struts-user mailing list archives

From "Aiken, Weston - Raleigh, NC" <WAi...@email.usps.gov>
Subject RE: <bean:write>
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:15:34 GMT
Sorry for the question, Tim is correct, it works.

Of course the String is not found when you don't spell it right. I
didn't see the ignore attribute until just now either.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim T. Young [mailto:Young_Tim_T@cat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 2:59 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: <bean:write>

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but ...

<bean:write name="myString"/>

works doesn't it?  I think I remember doing that before.

Tim

                    "Aiken,

                    Weston -

                    Raleigh, NC"

                    <WAiken@email

                    .usps.gov>

                                  To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    08/21/2002    cc:

                    01:46 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Struts Users        Subject:     <bean:write>

                    Mailing List"

Caterpillar: Confidential Green          Retain Until: 09/20/2002
                                         Retention Category:  G90 -
                                         Information and Reports

Is there a struts tag to display a String that has been added to the
Request as an attribute, instead of adding an object with a property and
a getter?

Non Struts way:

<%=request.getAttribute("myattribute")%>

Struts way:

?

The bean:write tag wants an object with a getter and I simply want to
pass a String and pull it out to display it.

Thanks