struts-user mailing list archives

From John Raley <jb_ra...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Want to Access Key/Value Pairs in Hashtable within jsp
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:27:39 GMT
Morycz, Felicia V wrote:

>I have done some archive searching and cannot seem to hit this topic.
>
>My business tier is going to be sending me a chunk of data that is delimited
>into key/value pairs.  I want to parse this data and put it into a
>Hashtable.  I want to be able to access this data from a jsp.
>
>1.  Is Hashtable the correct storage object?

Hashtable might be convenient for you but JSP tag libs (especially in
Struts) are very bean-centric.

>2.  How should the Hashtable be stored on the request, wrapped inside a
>bean?

You could represent the Hashtable as a bean with this API:
dynclass.sourceforge.net

>3.  What is the syntax in the jsp to retrieve the values given a key?

<jsp:getProperty/> is the "built-in" way, although the Struts
<bean:write> and <bean:define> tags are preferred.

--
Check it out: Map -> JavaBean
http://dynclass.sourceforge.net/