struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex Birch <alex_d_bi...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Multiple file upload?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 05:14:29 GMT
hey...

Other than the problem with struts and the same file-name... I need the same implementation
for an
application I'm writing.

I wrote a prototype where you choose at run-time how many upload boxes you want on a form
which
will get set in an indexed property FormFile[]), then the struts Action simply prints out
the
contents of each file.

This app works fine in IE 6 and Mozilla 1.0

I'm testing it later today in Netscape 4.x and IE... (from your e-mail it doesn't sound possible
in Netscape)

> > While the user can upload all the files at one go, they may
> > have stuffed up
> > one of the other fields for validation and get sent back to
> > the view. If
> > this happens I dont want them to have to upload all the files
> > again. I also
> > need to provide an option to discard an uploaded file should
> > the user have
> > second thoughts when they get back from a failed validation.

Why don't you put each uploaded file into a table with checkboxes for removal and have only
have
enough file upload form tags for files that weren't uploaded?

ie:

you've already uploaded:
file      |    remove:
file1.txt |    x