struts-user mailing list archives

From Dariusz Wojtas <dwoj...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: Of Topic: Special characters
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:32:56 GMT
MK> Can anybody help me with the following

MK> I have a text field where a user can input text, and he wants to be able to
MK> input special characters like &
MK> the data gets stored within a Oracle database
MK> How can i load these characters within a database and retrieve it, so that
MK> it gets displayed correctly within the text field again.

MK> Can anybody help me
MK> Thanks

It should work without any problems.
If you print that text later in some html page with struts tags,
it automatically does the conversion (optional as I remember)
   &  -->  &amp;
etc.
Check <html:text> for an example.

You may need to do such conversion yourself if you are displaying
it your own way, without tags, eg. with
   <%= myBean.getMyProperty() %>
The good thing about the problem is that there are only few special
characters.

I hope that is what you wanted to know.

Darek