struts-user mailing list archives

From Troy Hart <th...@part.net>
Subject Re: dynamically Passing values to Javascript function
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:11:31 GMT
On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 12:58, Troy Hart wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 12:37, Chandra Sekharan Bhaskaran wrote:
> > I have submit button in the iterate tag
> > I need to pass the parameter  <bean:write name="companionInfo"
> > property="companionArticleNumber" />",this)
> > to deletescript and it gives me parsing error.
> > any one had worked on this pls let me know
> > rgds
> > C.Bhaskaran

> > name="companionInfo" property="companionArticleNumber" />",this)"
> > styleId="formbuttons" />
> >       <bean:message
> > key="labels.buttons.msmetadata.companion.deleteCompanion" />
> > ----
> >

> You can not embed the the <bean:write> tag inside <html:submit> tag. The
> following is one alternative:

> onclick="deletescript('<%=companionInfo.getCompanionArticleNumber()%>',this)" styleId="formbuttons">
>   <bean:message
>     key="labels.buttons.msmetadata.companion.deleteCompanion"/>

It seems like I may have had trouble with something similar to this
before (that is my proposed solution to your problem). If you find the
same thing, you can also try the following:

<%
  StringBuffer deleteSubmitOnClick = new StringBuffer("deletescript('");
  deleteSubmitOnClick.append(companionInfo.getCompanionArticleNumber());
  deleteSubmitOnClick.append("', this)");
%>
onclick="<%=deleteSubmitOnClick.toString()%>" styleId="formbuttons">
  <bean:message
    key="labels.buttons.msmetadata.companion.deleteCompanion"/>

Or, I'm sure there are other ideas...

Good Luck,

Troy