struts-user mailing list archives

From Steven Leija <Steven.Le...@valtech.com>
Subject Complementary to Action Errors
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:43:37 GMT
Hello Struts Guru's,

Currently we're developing a pretty interactive system using Struts.  In
one situation, we have a form that where you type in a value and submit
it.  Now for validation of this value, I use the action class to invoke
a remote validator service.  If invalid I populate the Errors object and
it's bounced back informing the user that the value was invalid.

Now what about the opposite?  If a user enters a correct value and I
want to display a successful message on the original input jsp and the
user can submit a new value in the original form.

What is a good approach for this action?  I've had coworkers just
suggest using the Error object for displaying the successful message.
But I feel this would go against the purpose of the errors message.  So
I'm curious as to how others handle the same situation!

Thanks for any help!

Steven