struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Kalluri" <rkall...@manduca.com>
Subject Container Managed Authentication - Form based login
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:09:59 GMT
Hi All,

I have set up container managed authentication with tomcat with form based
login.

<login-config>
    		<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    		<form-login-config>
    			<form-login-page>/LoginForm.html</form-login-page>
    			<form-error-page>/LoginError.html</form-error-page>
    		</form-login-config>
</login-config>

-The entry point to my app is LoginForm.html.

<form method="POST" action="j_security_check">

      Username: <input type="text" name="j_username"><br />
      Password: <input type="password" name="j_password"><br />

      <input type="submit" value="Login">
      <input type="reset" value="Reset">

</form>.

I let Tomcat take care of authenticating the users password and his role.

I want to store the user profile including his email and some other
information from the database into session scope based on <%=
request.getRemoteUser() %>.

At what stage is it recomended to do this in a struts application using
contianer managed authentication.