struts-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Hess" <gh...@wrappedapps.com>
Subject Please Help, log4j not initialized properly.
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:02:39 GMT
I am working with Struts 1.1b and using the new Validator plug-in. When I
start the struts-validator example I get the error:

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for
category(org.apache.digester.Digester)

log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly

I am configuring the /WEB-INF/classes/commons-logging.properties as follows:

        #Logging implementation

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategory
Log

The /WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties contians:

        # A basic log4j configuration file that creates a single console
appender

        # Create a single console appender that logs INFO and higher
        log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout

        # Configure the stdout appender to go to the Console

        #  Configure the stdout appender to use the PatternLayout

        # Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.
        log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) -
%m%n

I have read the log4j manual and Chapter 18 of the struts book on
theserverside.com and I believe I am doing all that is required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg