struts-user mailing list archives

From Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.net>
Subject Re: Login process
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:15:50 GMT
Heligon Sandra wrote:
> I don't understand how the user can reach a page without
> using action forwarding. I thought that all JSP pages had
> to be associated with an action.

You would access the JSP page indirectly through an action.  Whether
that is an actual action, or a simple forwarding action is besides the
point.  For example:

     <action path="/test" forward="/WEB-INF/test.jsp"/>

> If the JSP page is not in the WEB-INF directory the user
> can reach it with a simple URL ?
> How the servlet engine(Tomcat) can execute it?

WEB-INF is out of bounds for a normal (user) request, but the servlet
container is able to access it internally, and forward to it.

HTH

Cliff Rowley