struts-user mailing list archives

From Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com) <str...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: dynamic forward?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 01:10:02 GMT
Subject: Re: dynamic forward?
From: "Matt Raible" <matt@raibledesigns.com>
 ===
If you use container-managed authentication - "bookmarking" per se will work
just great.  When a user tries to access a "protected" url, they are
forwarded to the login page, and then back to the URL they requested.  Works
slick.

With your architecture, it's a little tougher.  Maybe in ViewCompanyAction
set the URL requested as a request-scoped varaible.  In your login page, use
that has a hidden field, and then in LoginAction, check to see if that
paramter was passed in, if so, use it as your forward.

HTH,

Matt