struts-user mailing list archives

From "Slava_L" <lovk...@esstu.ru>
Subject Re: Tiles + ActionForm.validation - problem !
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:20:51 GMT
Nobody meets this problem ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Slava_L" <lovkiys@esstu.ru>
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 7:08 PM
Subject: Tiles + ActionForm.validation - problem !

Hi, list
I'm very new to Tiles and when i tried to bind this cool stuff to my
previously designed app, i  met a problem with validation.
I'm usin' Struts 1.0.2 stable ver. + tilesForStruts1.0.jar (external tiles
lib).
I need my action to forward back to the same page, when any errors appeared

in struts-config.xml i have an action:

    <action path="/loadSomething"
               type="mypackage.LoadSomethingAction"
               name="someForm" >
     <forward name="success" path="somePage"></forward>
    </action>
to load source page and another action mapping
    <action path="/saveSomething"
               type="mypackage.SaveSomethingAction"
               name="someForm"
               scope="request"
               validate="true"
               input="somePage">
     <forward name="success" path="index.jsp"></forward>
    </action>
for savin entered data

in tiles-def.xml i have definition:

  <definition name="somePage" path="/template.jsp">
    <put name="content"   value="some_page.jsp" />
  </definition>
where some_page.jsp contains an input form.

When validation method returns not empty ActionErrors i recieve
internal server error message like this one:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access method
org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm.getMultipartRequestHandler()Lorg/apache/
struts/upload/MultipartRequestHandler; from class
org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet
 at
org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.processValidate(ActionCompone
ntServlet.java:167)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1565)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:211)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:309)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:336)

the question is How am i suppose to describe error page in action mapping ?
input ? or somehow else .
Help needed! (thanx a lot)