struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Use Jakarta's ObjectRelationalBridge (OJB) for your Struts app'spersistence layer
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:29:25 GMT
>Maybe that's all I really need.  I also tend to lean towards Jakarta
>tools over others. For example, I was about to rework an app to use
>Castor but now I'll probably use ObjectRealtionalBridge instead.

It's not just about Jakarta...  from just a passing experience with
the two tools, I found the mapping syntax for OJB to be far, far more
comprehensible than that of Castor JDO.  Plus, have you ever looked
at the source code for Castor stuff?  yikes.

I had heard somewhere that the Castor project was in hibernation, or
worse... is there any truth to that?  So far i've still had better
luck with Castor than Jakarta Commons Betwixt for Bean<->XML Binding,
but I like Betwixt's approach better, and figure it's only a matter
of time until the tricks to get Betwixt working sink through my
skull...

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>