struts-user mailing list archives

From "daniele rizzi" <daniele.ri...@largesys.it>
Subject it happened to me too! (was R: 1.1 Deployment Bug?- Iplanet Web Server)
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:39:13 GMT

Well, something similar happens inside Oracle Jdeveloper 9i;
there's a static object that won't be initialized (ie
the jvm won't create it right); sorry I can't put my finger on it,

daniele rizzi

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Rajesh Kalluri [mailto:rkalluri@manduca.com]
Inviato: martedì 11 giugno 2002 15.12
A: Struts Users Mailing List
Oggetto: RE: 1.1 Deployment Bug?- Iplanet Web Server

Struts 1.0.x works fine on my Iplanet Web server (Which is more like tomcat
3.2+). But i cannot get the example from Struts 1.1 to work on Iplanet (IWS
6.0 SP2 ). Here is the stack trace.

 Internal error: Unexpected error condition thrown (unknown exception,no
description), stack: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError   at
_jsps._layouts._menu_jsp._jspService(_menu_jsp.java:102)   at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)   at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)   at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:247)   at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.access$6(JspServlet.j
ava:237)   at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:520)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:589)   at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)   at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.invokeServletService(NSServl
etRunner.java:897)   at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.service(WebApplication.java:1
065)   at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.ServiceWebApp(NSServletRunne
r.java:959)   at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletSession.internalRedirect(Native
Method)   at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSRequestDispatcher.include(NSRequestDispatc
her.java:93)   at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:408)
at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.ja
va:757)   at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:369).

The people at iplanet support would not care as they claim its not their
problem (to support external frameworks).

Of course they need to wake up.

Any one seen this issue?

Regards
Raj.