struts-user mailing list archives

From John Nicholas <jaka...@mobosplash.com>
Subject Re: Use Jakarta's ObjectRelationalBridge (OJB) for your Struts app's persistence layer
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:48:43 GMT
Jerome Jacobsen wrote:
> New Jakarta project ObjectRelationalBridge (OJB) provides for transparent
> object persistence.  Current APIs include ODMG 3.0 and a lower level
> PersistenceBroker API.  Currently developing a JDO API.
>
> Check it out:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/ojb/

I'm glad to see this become part of jakarta. It seems that of the three
  things most needed by struts users(connection pooling, Object
Relational Mapping and Caching) there are jakarta projects for all. I
would like to see these formally brought into Struts. Of course they
should be replaceable, but I find it odd that there's things in the docs
like this: "Struts generic connection pool is an optional component.
Many Struts applications use other connection pools for better
performance, especially with high-volume production systems."

It seems that with Fulcrum and OJB we should be able to have it all in
one simple download and tutorial.I know a lot of this is in Expresso but
I'd like to have it all under one license and tutorial. I haven't tried
Expresso but it looks like it replaces several Struts pieces rather than
just addding functionality.

John Nicholas