struts-user mailing list archives

From jfc100 <jfc...@btopenworld.com>
Subject 'j_security_check' and unsecured resource access
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 19:35:00 GMT
Hi,

Has anyone encountered the following situation using form-based auth in catalina?

1. login successfully using 'j_security_check';
2. the next request happens to be to an unsecured url (e.g. /do/frontpage (with no restrictions
in web.xml) --> DispatchServlet --> user.frontpage (tiles)) ;
3. the request methods 'getUserPrincipal()', 'isUserInRole()' and 'getRemoteUser()' tell me
the user is not logged in (in DispatchServlet)!

  (I'm using jboss244+tomcat401, struts1.0, tiles)

I heard this might be an issue with jboss.

Can anyone confirm?

Joe