struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pedone, Tim" <Tim_Ped...@intuit.com>
Subject RE: Table of Radio Buttons
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 16:32:23 GMT
If you're using Struts 1.1, this may help:

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg29664.html

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Haynes [mailto:daniel.haynes1@btinternet.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 5:55 AM
To: Struts-User
Subject: Table of Radio Buttons

Hi,

I am attempting to create a (fairly) simple web app using struts. I need to
create a table of questions with each question having radio buttons (a range
of numeric values) so the user can input and submit their answers:

question1        o o o o o o o o
question2        o o o o o o o o

My problem is that both the questions and the number of radio buttons needs
to be dynamic (based on what is currently in the database). I can iterate
through the questions and display them in the table but I am unsure how to
'marry' up the radio buttons, and then retrieve the data from the form when
the user submits.

Has anyone done anything similar to this ? Any example code or suggestions
would be gratefully recieved. I have been looking at the 'Using Struts'
article from the Athens Group 'Creating a Table of Radio Buttons' but am
getting more confused... (ProcessStatus.DONE.getMnemonic() - what is this
??)

Dan

Daniel Haynes