struts-user mailing list archives

From ajTreece <aj.tre...@sun.com>
Subject session parameter values
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:51:45 GMT
This should be fairly simple, but for some reason I can't get it to work.

In my LogonAction servlet, after a valid login, I set some session parameters
with your basic method like session.getAttribute("UserName");.

Now from my jsp I want to display the value of that parameter. I assume that you
would use a <bean:write name="name" scope="session" parameter="UserName"/>. The
challenge is I can not figure out what name="" should be. No matter what I try I
get the following error:

  [ServletException in:/common/userPortals/userData.jsp] Cannot find bean XXX in
scope session'

What id the correct name to use for session values?

Thanks, ajTreece