struts-user mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Can I submit multiple fields of the same name?
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:16:35 GMT

check on indexed tags or nested tags in the archives.

Cheers,

Dave

Mike Poole <mpoole%kana.com@interlock.lexmark.com> on 04/30/2002 12:07:23 PM

      <struts-user%jakarta.apache.org@interlock.lexmark.com>

To:   "'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'"
      <struts-user%jakarta.apache.org@interlock.lexmark.com>
cc:    (bcc: David Hay/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  Can I submit multiple fields of the same name?

Hello.  I am writing an application where the form inputs will be generated
from a database in a previous request.  For example, one call to Struts will
result in a form being returned that contains ten (or any number of) check
boxes named "problem".  The values will be tokens that uniquely identify
each of the problems.  The user then selects which problems he wants to
explore, and hits submit.  Multiple selections are allowed.

What happens when multiple fields of the same name get submitted?  Can the
form bean handle this?  Will I be able to determine in my action class which
ones were clicked?

Thanks,
Mike