struts-user mailing list archives

From アントニー ステイス <s45652...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: ApplicationResources searchs
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:14:31 GMT
Its a design question - where do you want to speed up things.  I think a little extra time
starting up the application is OK.  When the application I have starts up it loads lots of
reasonabally static information from a database into beans.  It may take a little longer for
the application to start up.  But it pays off later when I want to access that data since
I don't have to hit the database, same would go for the ApplicationResources file.

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:08:46 +0200
rizvan.katchera@socgen.com wrote:

> If you load in memory it would take some time the first times
> I suggest you to load just a part of the file in memory

How would you work out which part of the file to load into memory?