struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas De Loof" <nicolas.del...@cgey.com>
Subject Re: Editor aware of Struts
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:37:39 GMT
> Please help if any one knows such tool to enable a developer to visually
> edit a JSP page with Struts.  Appreciate it very much,
>
> Yanhui

I installed Dreamweaver CTLX extension.
You need to install a Tomcat server (very simple) and put the TLDParser
servlet on it (put its war file in webapp directory), start Tomcat and put
your TLDs into webapp tomcat expanded as directories.

You then start and configure Dreamweaver as explained in tutorial and that's
OK.

You put your JSPs and beans as a second Tomcat webApp, so it can render the
JSPs for dreamweaver in "live data mode". Some say you have to create your
JSP with Dreamweaver, not just import them (no errors for me)

NB:
I get a 500 error with TLDParser servlet, so I had to recompile it with my
local JDK. Now it works fine !