struts-user mailing list archives

From David Winterfeldt <dwinterfe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Wanted : a perfect solution for CharterEncoding
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 19:03:35 GMT
If you are using a servlet 2.3 compliant server like
Tomcat 4.0, you can use a filter to control this.
Look at this example 'Example: Modifying the Request
Character Encoding' at:

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/Filters.html

Or you could modify the Struts source code to set your
character type on the request as it comes into the
ActionServlet if you can't use filters.  Although the
filter solution is much cleaner and separate from your
main code.

David