struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Samm <m_...@rroom.net>
Subject REDIRECT_URL
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:42:37 GMT
i'm rewriting a web app using struts and have one remaining problem - the
content we render has hard coded links to other content - i've figured out
the format for these links and how we would translate / map them to new URLS
- pick up the 404 and, using apache's ErrorDocument send it to a struts
action, which would then act like a dispatcher/mapper - parse the original
url, create a new one, and create a new ActionForward for it. The only
trouble is, i have yet to find how i get to the original url - i know in Perl
it's set in the $ENV{} array. Is it retrievable in Java? Also do i use an
ActionForward or can i (as you would in Perl) send back, to Apache, a 301
status and a new url / location? I know this is a bit off the struts trail,
but i'm sure someone must have come across this already

Cheers,
--
Martin Samm
m_sam@rroom.net