struts-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Refle <o.re...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: Migrating from another framework to struts ...
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:05:52 GMT
1. For one, what do you mean autmatic session management,
you can put form beans into the session and work with them.
So if you mean that with session support it supports it

2. You need getter and setter in your UserInfo form for
the aggregated forms.
Than struts can call them with the following entry
Struts will call first the getter getAddress()
and then getStreet()

3. Only solution i found here was to return null in the action
and before that redirect the resonse, this should work.

e.g
repsonse.sendRedirect("test/side.jsp");
return null;

Oliver

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: cool dude [mailto:cool_dude_22_in@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2002 11:58
An: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Migrating from another framework to struts ...

Hi,
   We are currently migrating from another framework
to struts. This has brought about a lot of queries &
doubts about how we can use struts to do things for us
that the earlier framework provided. My main concerns
are :
    1.  Does struts provide any build-in mechanism for
session management? If not, then is there any
guideline as to how struts can be used to provide that
kindof support?

    2.  How do I deal with form beans that have
aggregate objects in them. For example, I have a class
called UserInfo, which has the username
& the user address (which is another class called
AddressInfo) among other things. Now, if I have to use
UserInfo class to display/edit user information in a
form. How would I manage that?
    3.  I'm also having problems with URL forwards. It
looks like in struts you have give URL forwards
starting with "/". What if I want to
forward to a URL that doesn't being with "/", i.e., a
relative URL. Say my site looks something like this
http://mysite.com/info1/info2/actionname and I would
want to carry this URL for all the actions, ie, only
the action name would change & the rest of the URL
remains the same. Maybe I'm missing soemthing out
here.

These are few of the questions that I had. Since I'm
new to struts, these questions may be naive. Please
get back to me if you need further clarifications on
the questions.

Thanx in advance,
VD.