struts-user mailing list archives

From "Phillips, George H." <...@miami.edu>
Subject RE: URGENT: Null Strings in Websphere
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:19:58 GMT
We had a similar problem.  Although we were actually getting spaces back
from our DB, we were seeing "null" displayed on our jsp's.  We fixed it by
explicitly initializing our String fields in our result beans to " " rather
than letting them default to null.  I don't know *why* this worked, since
you'd think the original null values would be overlaid when a field's setter
was called, but for whatever reason, it solved the problem...
George Phillips
University of Miami
ghp@miami.edu