struts-user mailing list archives

From Yoshinori Ashizawa <ashiz...@intellilink.co.jp>
Subject Re: Problems with SHIFT_JIS application properties file
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 06:27:42 GMT
Tony:
>I have forms on my jsp pages, the values of these I need to store into a database.  When
I store
>them in a postgres database and then retrieve them they are garbage characters.  Are there
any special
steps I need to
>do to store them in the database?

Sorry, I'm not so familiar with postgress.
However I think there are not so many considerations when we use JDBC with multi-byte charactar
now.

The only I can advise is "Check your DataBase's encoding".
In postgres, you can check by :
 select getdatabaseencoding()
In your case, should be "EUC-JP".

I think there are many pitfalls in servlet and JSP using with Japanese besides the above.
So if you can read Japanese, I'll introduce you the most useful site for such kind of problems
:
 http://www.ingrid.org/java/jserv/i18n/corruptedchar.html

-----
Yoshinori Ashizawa