struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ivan Siviero" <ivan.sivi...@concept.it>
Subject changing regexp in default validation
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:20:11 GMT
Hi struts users.

I'm posting a question on struts validator.
Well, as you all know, the struts validator implements an email validation
which is defined in the org.apache.......StrutsValidator validateEmail()
method. (Sorry if the names are not 100% equals to the original ones).
Anyway this method uses a jakarta regexp string to validate the email.
So now let's suppose i want to change that validation string, as it
considers not valid some email addresses which are valid for me.
i.e: myname@myCompany-myDepartment.com
I have the validation strings who considers the above email as valid but i
cannot figure out where it must be inserted in the validator.xml file to,
tell the validateEmail() method to use it insted of the default one.
Can someone help me ?
Thanx everyone.
Ivan.