struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Pilgrim" <peter.pilg...@db.com>
Subject [DONT BOTHER] Re: Where can I find <html:messages> ?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:45:08 GMT

I ripped the guts of the error tag to get at the final errors messages.
This will allow me now to write customised error messages in my JSP

<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.io.*" %>
<%@ page import="org.apache.struts.action.*" %>

        ActionErrors errors = (ActionErrors)pageContext.findAttribute( Action.ERROR_KEY );
        if ( errors != null && !errors.empty() ) {
            List errorCollection = new ArrayList();
            Iterator reports = errors.get();
            while ( reports.hasNext() ) {
                ActionError report = (ActionError) reports.next();
                String message = RequestUtils.message(
                    pageContext, Action.MESSAGES_KEY, Action.LOCALE_KEY,
                    report.getKey(), report.getValues());
                errorCollection.add( message );
            }
            request.setAttribute("errorCollection", errorCollection );
        %>
          <ul>
            <logic:iterate id="oneError" name="errorCollection"
                   indexId="counter" type="java.lang.String" >
              <bean:write name="oneError" filter="false" />
            </logic:iterate>
          </ul>

There is a lot of Scriptlet code here. Looks like it will be a tiny custom tag action
project somebody.

<pp:errorCollection id="oneError"  indexId="counter" >
              <bean:write name="oneError" filter="false" />
<pp:errorCollection/>

Let me know how you get on!
--
Peter Pilgrim                 ++44 (0)207-545-9923
                                                      //_\\