struts-user mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: Common classes, where should they go.
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:33:50 GMT

    Lyndon> Hi
    Lyndon> We have two Struts applications (front end & back end) that share several
classes. Where should we put them in the Tomcat folders so that both applications can 'see'
them?

    Lyndon> Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

    Lyndon> TIA

    Lyndon> Lyndon Smith

    Lyndon> PS. We also have a similar problem with the tlds for common tags that we have
created.

It may seem frustrating, but the best advice is to build a WAR file for each
application which contains everything each application needs.  This means
putting copies of the duplicated classes, tlds, and taglib jars in each WAR
file (actually, it's probably better to just put the taglib tld into the taglib
jar and deploy that in each application).