struts-user mailing list archives

From Wim Fournier <wim-str...@geeks.nl>
Subject html taglib and xhtml compliance
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:46:06 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using the html tag lib from struts to generate xhtml code in my JSP pages.
I do this by using: <html:html locale="true" xhtml="true">

When I validate the generated page using validator.w3.org, I get errors that come from inside
the library:

<snap>

Below are the results of checking this document for XML well-formedness and validity.

       Line 13, column 52:

         <base href="http://dyn21:8080/cdexample/ListCD.jsp">
                                                             ^

       Error: end tag for "base" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

       Line 13, column 0:

         <base href="http://dyn21:8080/cdexample/ListCD.jsp">
         ^

       Error: start tag was here

       Line 19, column 11:

         <form name="listCDForm" method="POST" action="/cdexample/listcd.do;jse ...
                    ^

       Error: there is no attribute "name"

       Line 19, column 35:

         ... form name="listCDForm" method="POST" action="/cdexample/list ...
                                                ^

       Error: value of attribute "method" cannot be "POST"; must be one of "get", "post"

       Line 27, column 69:

               <input type="text" name="id" maxlength="16" size="16" value="">
                                                                              ^

       Error: end tag for "input" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

       Line 27, column 6:

               <input type="text" name="id" maxlength="16" size="16" value="">
               ^

       Error: start tag was here

Sorry, this document does not validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict.

<snap>

How comes? :o)
Is struts working on this? or do I have top use other tld's for this
(used: <!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">)

grtz

wim