struts-user mailing list archives

From Pete Carapetyan <p...@datafundamentals.com>
Subject Re: struts-expresso
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:02:55 GMT
Srini:
I have placed an Expresso walk through with screen shots etc that you can use to get
a quick view of the main features. It is all hyperlinked, so you can view only the
parts that you want to consider.

http://webAppWriter.com/showdown

It also has 30 or so sample apps you can download, and app generator written in
Struts/Expresso, if that would help in your evaluation.

I would caution you though that Expresso can be a bit enticing.  . . . Most of us
start with a variation of the same thing you said "I only want to use it for ......"
but then when they discover how much other cool stuff is there, it is a bit hard to
force yourself to write your own, when the functionality is already there and unit
tested and integrated etc. Beware!

Myself, I started a year ago and all I was going to use was the connection pool
object. Yeah, right. Oh well, at least I have had a lot of fun.

--
Pete Carapetyan
http://datafundamentals.com

Open standards technology for commercial profitability