struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Icons next to form elements with validation errors
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2001 23:09:49 GMT
The one other thing I've seen people do is add a companion field to the
ActionForm for each field they want to mark this way, and then test that
in the same way. But the messagesPresent tag is obviously less work!

Off topic, but a related idea is to write the label for a required field
in a different font when it is null. So, the required field start out in
red or maroon, but turn black if the form is retruned for validation,
and they pass.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/