struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lawrence, Jane K" <jklaw...@ball.com>
Subject FW: Servlet error - found answer in archives
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:06:15 GMT

I hunted through the archives and found the solution to change to
redirect=true
in the struts-config file.  Did that and now I lose my key - any other
solutions?

- JKL
-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence, Jane K [mailto:jklawren@ball.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 3:45 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Servlet error

I am getting the following error (the output is from WebLogic Server 6.0)

<Dec 19, 2001 3:28:16 PM MST> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(3194122,maf)] Root cause of ServletException
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: MultipartIterator: no multipart request data
sent
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.template.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:149)
        at jsp_servlet._view._viewdetail._jspService(_viewdetail.java:211)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
:213)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImp
l.java:153)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
va:1758)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1595)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:509)
        at
:213)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:1302)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1676)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

I am attempting to modify an application that works as follows:
	1.  Bring up a form filled with data from master document.
	2.  Click on button to bring up another "attachment" form.
	3.  On attachment form, identify name and directory path of a
document to "attach" to the information on the main form.
	4.  Click on "attach" button, process runs to link main document
with attachment and returns to main screen.

The goal is to redirect the attach button so it just returns itself to the
attachment screen so the users can attach multiple documents
at once without flipping back and forth between the master screen and the
attachment screen.  That I got going fine.  But it's the
return button that's causing this error when I try to direct it back to the
main screen.  I seem to have the key for the master document,
but I'm wondering if the complaint relates to the collection of attachment
objects.

Oh, and this is stateless.

Has anyone seen this error before?

Jane K. Lawrence