struts-user mailing list archives

From "Cameron Ingram" <CIng...@pscu.net>
Subject Re: Form Bean
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 12:56:32 GMT
No... should I be? Ted could you enlighten us a bit on how to do this? :)  Am I  missing some
thing? My code to do this consists of a few lines to do this. I figure the problem is probably
something pretty small.

Ex.
ActionForm frm = new ActionForm();
frm.setSomething("Something");
session.setAttribute("Form", form);

Thanks !! Cameron Ingram

>>> husted@apache.org 10/31/01 04:28PM >>>
When you create the ActionForm, are you calling setServlet()?

Cameron Ingram wrote:

> Hi all!
>
>  Ok here is the problem.... I have a form bean that I create in an action class, I then
set the variables in it and then add it to the session.
> This is before the corresponding jsp has been loaded  The jsp is loaded and it appears
that the action servlet is then recreating the form bean and re-adding it to the session,
thus all of the fields I set are set back to there original values. I overrode the reset method
so I know that it's not calling that to clear the variables.  As I understand it the action
servlet should check to see if it's in the session before it recreates it. The name I am using
to define it in the session is the same name that the struts-config file uses to define the
name. Any ideas???

> <form-bean name="editdeleteuserndsForm"  ->This is the name that I am using when
the form bean is added to the session.