struts-user mailing list archives

From "Juan Alvarado \(Struts List\)" <juan_alvar...@manduca.com>
Subject Help with perform method
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 19:35:30 GMT
Hi:

I have a class called AddUserAction which of course extends Action. In the
perform method what I will do is add a record to a table in a database. The
values I will add I will of course get from the form object the method takes
as one of its parameters.

What I would like to do is that if there is some type of error in this
method, I want to be able to do a mapping.findForward("failure") and at the
same time be able to include some type of error message to the user in the
failure page. My failure page is probably the same form the user filled out,
but the second time around I would like to display the error message.

Any help with this topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Juan Alvarado
Internet Developer -- Manduca Management
(786)552-0504
jalvarado@manduca.com
AOL Instant Messenger: juan2000@aol.com