struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kirkland" <kirkla...@synergy-fs.com>
Subject structure
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:08:58 GMT
I have just started to familiarise myself with struts and have a question. I
am building a sample application just to help familiarise myself. If I have
a page which is forwarded to by a FORMACTION eg in struts-config.xml:

<forward name="success"    path="/viewMsgBoard.do"/>

I will then have a corresponding file like ...viewMsgBoardAction

Since this is eached only by a forward there wont be a form bean associated
with it. Must i still define one in struts-config...eg

	<action
         path="/viewMsgBoard"
         type="com.example.struts.viewMsgBoardAction"
         validate="false"
         name="logonForm"
         scope="request"
         input="/msgBoard.jsp">

                <forward name="success"    path="/msgBoard.jsp"/>
    </action>

Or is there another way since there wont actually be a form to send to it.
Or is my structure totally wrong and ive lost the plot.

Cheers Andy