struts-user mailing list archives

From Chris Birch <ch...@artlas.net>
Subject Escaped HTML characters in <bean:write/>
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:28:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a simple CRUD struts application which stores text in a
database.  The text stored is often something like:

"Struts is a <b>brilliant</b> framework"

The idea is that simple html formatting can be applied to the text when
it is output in a JSP.

The text above gets stored in the DB without any problems, selects on
the database show the information in there is exactly as was typed in,
also, simple System.out.println on a ResultSet of that data show it as
above.  However, in my JSP I output the text from a bean property using
<bean:write /> and in the html source I see that my < and > have become
&lt; &gt;  I actually want the markup to work as markup and not be
escaped like this.  Is it bean:write thats doing this, if so, is there a
way to turn it off?

Regards,
Chris