struts-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Stern <cst...@safenetconsulting.com>
Subject RE: HOW TO: set up a pager with struts
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:13:09 GMT
If possible can you post an example to the list.  I've been struggling with
this same problem.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: storck [mailto:dirk.storck@cms.tecmath.de]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 5:09 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'; 'Oleg V Alexeev'
Subject: AW: HOW TO: set up a pager with struts

Could you send me some examples?

Many Thanks!

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Oleg V Alexeev [mailto:gonza@penza.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 14. November 2001 11:23
An: Struts Users Mailing List; dirk.storck@cms.tecmath.de
Betreff: Re: HOW TO: set up a pager with struts

Hello storck,

I can suggest you my way. On base of query parameters, offset and page
length values generate container or array of objects from database and
store total value of records. Container or array you can display with
iterate tag. For purposes of page links generation I can suggest bean
and tag for you - I can send it for you.

s> Hi,

s> I am developing a webapp with struts and EJB's. In some cases I only have
s> display a list of Items. The problem is, that I cant show the whole list
s> sure to big ...
s> For retrieving the list I will either use the "Fast-Lane Reader Pattern"
and
s> the "Page-by-Page Iterator Pattern". In the "Pet Store Demo" they
s> implemented the "Page-by-Page Iterator" as a applicationspecific Tag, but
s> think it should also be possible to implement it with struts (I am
right).
s> Now I NEED your HELP. How must I set it up correct?

s> Any suggestions and comments are welcome !!!

s> --
s> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
s> For additional commands, e-mail:

Best regards,