struts-user mailing list archives

From Maciej KoƂodziej <Maciej.Kolodz...@comarch.pl>
Subject How to send output from Action directly to user
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:54:33 GMT
Hi,

I  need  a servlet which gets an id as parameter in request, uses it to
fetch  file  location  from a database and sends the file to the user.
Plus  I want the servlet to get DataSource from Action class servlet
field like:

javax.sql.DataSource dataSource = servlet.findDataSource(null);

My question is is it possible to send output from Action directly to a
user,  without redirecting to any jsp's? Other way to do that would be
to  use ordinary servlet, but how can I get the DataSource which is in
struts configuration then?

--
Best regards,
Maciej