struts-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Andres <marcel.and...@csfs.com>
Subject RE: Struts' Template
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:41:51 GMT
Isn't it possible for you, to create the error page in the same way? You could include title.jsp,
header.jsp etc. on the error page, too, and so it would not be a problem to forward to this
page.

Marcel

-----Original Message-----
From: hardenz@sympatico.ca [mailto:hardenz@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 10:17 AM
To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org; struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Struts' Template

Hi,

I am using the template as follow. And viewcart.jsp is the content. In
viewcart.jsp, I have error checking. If found errors, will be forward to
another page. But I can't do forward, beacuse title.jsp, header.jsp etc are
included first. JSP will flush the code when do include. I don't want to put
error checking at follow instead of viewcard.jsp. So what I should do? Any
suggestion or good pattern for this kind situation?

Thanks

Harden

 <%@ taglib uri='/WEB-INF/tlds/struts-template.tld' prefix='template' %>

<template:insert template='/template.jsp'>
<template:put name='title' content='title.jsp' />
<template:put name='header' content='/header.jsp' />
<template:put name='mainmenu' content='/mainmenu.jsp' />
<template:put name='sidebar' content='/sidebar.jsp' />
<template:put name='content' content='/viewcart.jsp' />
<template:put name='footer' content='/footer.jsp' />
</template:insert>