struts-user mailing list archives

From "Siggelkow, Bill" <bill.siggel...@mirant.com>
Subject RE: check for null collection
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:16:24 GMT
The way I do it is to create a variable using the bean:size tag that
represents the size of the collection ...
Then I check if that value is 0 as follows ... (in addition you might want
to also check if the collection is present as you are doing)

				<bean:size id="numReports"
name="generalReports"/>
				<logic:equal name="numReports" value="0">
				</logic:equal>

-----Original Message-----
From: Thinh Doan [mailto:tdoan@twjconsulting.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 2:53 PM
To: Struts-User
Subject: check for null collection

I've defined the following collection but don't know how to use the logic
tag to check if it contains no data to display appropriate message:

<logic:present name="MEMBERS" scope="request">
<bean:define id="myArray" name="MEMBERS" type="java.util.TreeSet"
scope="request"/>

    	<logic:iterate id="member" name="myArray"
type="com.mycompany.Member">
	</logic:iterate>

    <some logic to check for null "myArray">
             No members
    </logic:???>

</logic:present>

Thanks in advance,