struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Using tiles and expresso
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:07:35 GMT
  Hi Peter,

  I also think that you need to integrate code of one in the other. The better is
to create a new servlet extending Expresso or Tiles, and integrate code of the
second.

  For Tiles, ActionComponentServlet do following things :

   * initialize Tiles by a call to a method initComponentDefinitionsMapping().
     You can copy/paste the appropriate method.
   * catch any call to RequestDispatcher.include or forward.
     Each of these calls are replaced by a call to a new method
     processForward(...). This method do all Tiles job in ActionServlet.

  In original Struts Servlet, calls to include and forward are located  in
processActionForward(...) and processValidate(...). So, Tiles provide a copy of
these methods, with appropriate replacement for include or servlet.

  Has anyone already tried to integrate both ? I am interested to know possible
issues.

    Cedric