struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Trying to run the tiles-channel example running tomcat 4.0 and struts 1.0
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:53:44 GMT

  Hello,

  I have just checked Tiles with Tomcat 4.0.1, and both doc/tutorial and channel
wars work correctly with my configuration.

  Maybe you have a problem with your configuration. Usually, it is a bad jaxp
version problem : you need a jaxp1.1 compliant parser in your classpath.
Normally, Tiles should run out of the box (if you have compliant parser). You
don't have to change tiles.jar in the shipped examples, as they come with
Struts1.1dev.

  If you develop your own examples, you need to specify ActionComponentServlet
as action servlet. Also, if you want to run it with Struts1.0, you need to use
tilesForStruts1.0.jar.

  But the error thrown is strange (and don't argue in favor of jaxp problem).
Check your jaxp version, and let us know.

  Cedric