struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Tiles/Orion(Oracle)
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 10:20:42 GMT

  Hi,

  Does the "ignore=true  not reset" bug in Orion still remain with the latest Tiles distribution
? I think I have corrected it. Can someone confirm it ?

  For the Orion problem (submenu failed after second access), I am aware of it and will try
to correct it asap.
  A workaround is to set Orion webserver in development mode (force it to generate java classes
for pages). If you have already tested your application, you should force Orion to regenerate
your java classes. The simplest way is to remove all previously generated classes and serialized
beans (in application-deployments).

  Cedric

Stephen Gissendaner wrote:

> Octavio,
>
> I am using tiles with oc4j.
>
> the only bug issue that I ran into is that if you have an <tiles:get ... ignore="true">
and you don't pass the item in via the <tiles:put..> then from the <tiles:get...>
 on all of the tiles tags are ignored! Since you are using a submenu, It sounds like you may
have this issue. (I am assuming that you can get basic stuff to work)

> My work around was to have a <put name="submenu" value="/common/blank.jsp"/> in
the master <definition> and then override it when needed in the extended definitions.

> Hope that this helps.
>
> Stephen W. Gissendaner
> Senior Application Engineer,
> EPL

a new project starting, I wanted to use Tiles but so far I couldn't solve a problem with the
submenu. If someone got it running, would you please tell me which platform and version are
you using.