struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Form Bean
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:30:34 GMT
Use the source, Luke, use the source.

Cameron Ingram wrote:

> No... should I be? Ted could you enlighten us a bit on how to do this? :)  Am I  missing
some thing? My code to do this consists of a few lines to do this. I figure the problem is
probably something pretty small.

> Ex.
> ActionForm frm = new ActionForm();
> frm.setSomething("Something");
> session.setAttribute("Form", form);
>
> Thanks !! Cameron Ingram

> When you create the ActionForm, are you calling setServlet()?
>
> Cameron Ingram wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> >  Ok here is the problem.... I have a form bean that I create in an action class,
I then set the variables in it and then add it to the session.
> > This is before the corresponding jsp has been loaded  The jsp is loaded and it appears
that the action servlet is then recreating the form bean and re-adding it to the session,
thus all of the fields I set are set back to there original values. I overrode the reset method
so I know that it's not calling that to clear the variables.  As I understand it the action
servlet should check to see if it's in the session before it recreates it. The name I am using
to define it in the session is the same name that the struts-config file uses to define the
name. Any ideas???

> > <form-bean name="editdeleteuserndsForm"  ->This is the name that I am using
when the form bean is added to the session.