struts-user mailing list archives

From Maciej Ko³odziej <Maciej.Kolodz...@comarch.pl>
Subject Re: Dynamic Tag values
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:52:23 GMT
Hi,

In Your mail sent 21 listopada 2001 You wrote:

MS> i'm having trouble populating tag attributes from request parameters. The
MS> code below generates an error "Attribute name is not specified".
MS> However, when i remove the pcard tag the other request parameter outputs
MS> function correctly, so i know that the request parameter is being populated.

[cut]

MS> <pcard:pcard name="<%= request.getParameter("name") %>">
MS> <%= request.getParameter("name") %></pcard:pcard>

[cut]

I'd same problem with

<logic:equals ... value="<%=session.getParameter("name"%)>"/>

It   generated  the  same  error  as  Yours. Someone wrote, that maybe
single quotes after value should be used, like:

<logic:equals ... value='<%=session.getParameter("name"%)>'/>

but it didn't word either, although the error was different.
Finally I settled with:

<%
  String v = (String)session.getParameter("name"%);
%>
<logic:equals ... value="<%=v%>"/>

and  it  works.  I know it's not the nicest way, but I couldn't figure
antything better.
Hope It helps.

--
Best regards,