struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott Sayles <ssay...@fgm.com>
Subject RE: Capturing an outgoing response.
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:38:56 GMT
There are probably numerous ways this can be done.  If you just want to
easily capture the output from a single page, you could simply make that
page an included page and use the <bean:include> tag to capture it's
output.  i.e. make the requested page include the real page via the
<bean:include> tag.

For example:

----- page1.jsp -----

<bean:include id="page2Output" page="page2.jsp"/>

<%
writeFile(page2Output); //or however else you're going to do this
%>

<bean:write name="page2Output"/>

Where page2.jsp is what you actually want to display to the user.

This is not the best solution in all cases, but may suffice for your
needs.

Scott