struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Gin" <Gin_C...@tvratings.com>
Subject RE: struts 1.0 problem with weblogic 6.1, can not getProperty
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 19:39:16 GMT
You might try setting a type for the logic:iterate tag.
I think the problem is that it is using java.lang.Object as the type for
featuredBook and not ur actual object. Remember to use the full package name
for the class when you set type.
-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Irene Yip [mailto:iyip@silverstream.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 2:32 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: struts 1.0 problem with weblogic 6.1, can not getProperty

Hi,
I have a struts 1.0 based war application deployed to weblogic 6.1, and when
I try to access a javabean property in my jsp, If it is a simple javabean
<jsp:useBean id="book" scope="session"
class="com.sssw.demo.silverbooks.BookBean"/> <jsp:getProperty name="book"
property="title"/> thing are fine.

But if it is a complicated one, like <logic:iterate id="featuredBook"
name="featuredBooksCollection" property="books">

BookId: <jsp:getProperty name="featuredBook" property="bookId"/>
</logic:iterate>

(featuredBooksCollection is a javabean, where its getBooks() return a
collection of javabean of type BookBean)

weblogic will say bookbean does not have a property named bookId,

but if I change the <jsp:getProperty name="featuredBook" property="bookId"/>
to BookId: <%=((BookBean)featuredBook).getBookId()%>

Things would work.

Does anyone know why weblogic has this strange behavior? Thanks a lot.

Irene